Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-MAT4 - Mathematics 4 (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||I1-MAT4|
|Course unit title:||Mathematics 4|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Geodesy and Cartography - master (compulsory), 1. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|2 passed tests during the semester,|
attaining of at least 56% from exam
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Introduction into the theory of ordinary and partial differential equations and
some important applications in engineering and technique create the main goal
of this lectures.
Basic numerical methods for solving initial and boundary value problems
for differential equations are also included.
|- Numerical integration, numerical quadrature rules.
- Ordinary differential equations, initial and boundary value problems. Euler
method, finite difference method.
- Partial differential equations, their classification. Finite difference method
for solving elliptic and parabolic problems.
- Finite volume method, and boundary element method and their application for
solving geodetic boundary value problem.
- Finite element method and its application for solving certain geodetic
- Direct and iterative methods for solving linear algebraic systems of equations.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 115|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Marek Macák, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)|
prof. RNDr. Radko Mesiar, DrSc. (person responsible for course) - slovak
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. RNDr. Radko Mesiar, DrSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.