Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-PRPE - Theory of Elasticity (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-PRPE|
|Course unit title:||Theory of Elasticity|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Building Construction and Architecture - bachelor (compulsory), 3. semester|
Building Technology and Management - bachelor (compulsory), 3. semester
Hydraulic Engineering and Water Resources Management - bachelor (compulsory), 3. semester
Structural and Transportation Engineering - bachelor (compulsory), 3. semester
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|monitoring written assignments and ongoing tests|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students will obtain basic theoretical knowledge in the area of basic types of stress due to tension, compression, shear, bending, torsion, buckling as well as due to the combined effects of stress. They will also acquire some methods of stress-strain analysis in a cross-section of the beam under conditions of linear and non-linear behaviour of materials as well as some principles and calculation methods of displacements on statically determined structures.|
|• Basic concepts and principles of the theory of elasticity. External and internal forces. Mechanical properties of materials and their physical models. The concept of stress and strain.
• Basic stress cases (simple tension (pressure), simple shear, simple torsion, simple bending and bending with shear) in the elastic state.
• Analysis of the stress and strain state in a body point neighborhood - spatial, planar and collinear stress and strain state. Mohr's circle. The principal stress and its orientation.
• Deflection line of a beam. Composed stress state. Instability of a slender beam. Classical methods of calculating the critical forces of a prismatic rod. Buckling of a slender beam.
• Basic types of stress of beams under conditions of non-linear behaviour of materials.
• Methods of analysis of the planar theory of elasticity (walls, plates).
• Energetic principles. Deformation and virtual work (Betti's a Maxwell's theorem).
• Analysis of strain on statically determined structures using the virtual work theorem. Theorems of strain work derivative (Castigliano's theorem).The Clapeyron's theorem.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 2358|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Oľga Hubová, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak |
doc. Ing. Oľga Ivánková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
prof. Ing. Norbert Jendželovský, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
doc. Ing. Yvonna Koleková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english
Ing. Katarína Lamperová (examiner, instructor)
Ing. Monika Márföldi (examiner, instructor)
Ing. Martin Marton (instructor)
Ing. Ľubomír Prekop, PhD. (examiner, instructor)
doc. Ing. Martin Psotný, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
Ing. Jakub Rubint (examiner, instructor)
prof. Ing. Milan Sokol, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - english
Ing. Matúš Turis (instructor)
doc. Ing. Katarína Tvrdá, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english
Ing. Lenka Uhlířová (instructor)
Ing. Ivana Véghová, PhD. (instructor) - slovak
Ing. Michal Venglár, PhD. (instructor)
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Yvonna Koleková, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.