Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-SML - Software (Matlab) (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||I1-SML|
|Course unit title:||Software (Matlab)|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Mathematical and Computational Modeling - master (compulsory), 1. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Correct elaboration of all given tasks.|
10 points in the final test achieved.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|On completion of this course students will achieve basic knowledge of properties and potential of MATLAB and some of its toolboxes.|
|- Foundations of MATLAB (ML), arithmetic in ML (IEEE) and its mathematical functions.
- Matrix operations and manipulation (arrays), first M-files (scripts).
- Logic control (relational and logic operators), user-defined M-functions.
- Graphic potential and properties of ML, input-output operations.
- Further data types, functions, recursion.
- Selected toolboxes (optimization, spline, statistics, symbolic math).
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 40|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. (person responsible for course)|
doc. Ing. Gabriel Okša, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.