Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-TERM - Thermo mechanics (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||I1-TERM|
|Course unit title:||Thermo mechanics|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Building Services - master (compulsory), 1. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|solving problem sets|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students acquire knowledge main equations of energetic balances in heat equipments, about heat processes an properties of ideal and real substances in energetic equipments.
Students acquire knowledge in equations of heat conduction for plane and cylindrical surfaces, unsteady conduction of heat, convection heat transfer, and basic theory of similarity. Coefficient of heat transfer in laminar and turbulent fluid flow, in phase change processes, in boiling and condensation. Radiation heat transfer. Theory of heat exchangers.
|• Subject, Methods and Basic Principles. Properties of State.
• The Ideal-Gas Equation of State. Basic Thermodynamics Processes. The Specific Heat. Gas Mixtures.
• The First Law of Thermodynamics Applied to Cycles. Efficiencies of Cycles.
• Equation of State for Real Substances.
• The Second Law of Thermodynamics. Heat Engines, Heat Engines and Refrigerators. The Carnot Cycle and Efficiency. Definition of Entropy.
• Gas Power Cycles. Vapor Power Cycles.
• Heat Transfer Processes, Classifications. Conductive Heat Transfer. Fourier's Law. Heat Diffusion Equation
• Convective Heat Transfer. Newton's Law of Cooling. Forced Convection and Free Convection Heat Transfer. Dimensionless Parameters.
• Radiation Heat Transfer. The Planck and Stefan-Boltzmann Laws. Radiation Heat Exchange between Blackbody and Diffuse Surfaces.
• Combined Heat Transfer. Heat Exchangers.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 303|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Gabriel Arbet, PhD. (instructor)|
doc. Ing. Belo Füri, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Michal Masaryk, PhD. (examiner, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
Ing. Ingrida Skalíková (examiner, instructor) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||23. 3. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Michal Masaryk, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Marián Dubík on 03/23/2019.