Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-MAMG - Mathematical Modelling in Geodesy (FCE - SS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||I1-MAMG|
|Course unit title:||Mathematical Modelling in Geodesy|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Mathematical and Computational Modeling - master (semi-compulsory), 4. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Successfully passed test at the end of the semester.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student will be familiar with models and methods of physical geodesy based on potential theory which are used in determination of precise geoid and quasigeoid of the Earth.|
|- Boundary value problems in physical geodesy.
- Fourier's method for solving the boundary value problems, Green's function.
- Potential theory and its application in determination of gravitational and gravity field of the Earth.
- Stokes, Molodenskij and fixed gravimetric boundary value problems.
- Solution of geodetic boundary value problems by using the spherical harmonic functions.
- Numerical methods - finite element and boundary element methods.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 0|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Róbert Čunderlík, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english |
prof. Ing. Juraj Janák, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. (person responsible for course)
Ing. Zuzana Minarechová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||16. 4. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.