Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-MONS - Prefabricated structures (FCE - SS 2019/2020)
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
|Faculty of Civil Engineering|
Course unit code:
Course unit title:
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
Building Technology and Management - bachelor (semi-compulsory), 6. semester
Level of study:
Prerequisites for registration:
During the semester draw up the semester work and present it.
Pass 2 excursions.
Achieve at least 56% on the exam.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
Student get an overview of history of prefabrication development. He will be acquainted with individual types of prefabricated constructions as wall systems, skeletal systems, their combinations, hall systems and bridge systems based on various materials (e.g. reinforced concrete, steel, wood, etc.). Part of the subject is devoted to wooden constructions, their characteristics, advantages and disadvantages, implementation method of wooden constructions, also the topic of low energy houses and passive houses.
Basic syllabus of the subject:
• Development and importance of prefabrication, prefabrication constructions,
• Wall and combinate systems (panel houses),
• Static defects of panel houses,
• Skeletal systems,
• Hall systems,
• Bridge prefabricated constructions,
• Wooden constructions, their characteristics, advantages and disadvantages, basic dividing,
• Way of realizing several types of wooden constructions,
• Low energy houses, passive houses, their characteristics, way of realizing etc.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:|
Assessed students in total: 276
Name of lecturer(s):
16. 4. 2019
|prof. Ing. Stanislav Unčík, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.