Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-P_T - Political Science (FCE - SS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-P_T|
|Course unit title:||Political Science|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Building Technology and Management - bachelor (semi-compulsory), 4. semester|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|short tests, papers or seminar work.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|To offer students knowledge about political life sphere of the humane society like that, to help them falling in the social praxis and participating themself into the political life of citizen society after finish their study.|
|• The politology -- science about politics, its delimitation, object and methods. Genesis of its formation.
• The survey history of the political theory.
• The modern political ideologies -- their characterization and the present time.
• The politics and political power. Subjects and objects of politics. Ways and means of the political power realization.
• The political system -- its delimitation and components. Typology of political systems.
• The state and citizen society. Attributes, functions, legality and legitimacy of the state. Legally consistent state and social state.
• The forms of the state: democratic and undemocratic form, parliamentary and president democracy, unitary and composite states.
• The public administration and self-administration -- delimitation of the terms. Regional self-administration -- its models.
• The political parties at the political system. Party systems and realization of the political power.
• The election and election systems. Functions of election. Typology of election systems.
• The politics and its subjects in the globalization process. Neoliberal market principles of contemporary globalization
• The political culture -- its delimitation, values and norms. Political culture, ethics and human rights.
• The environment and politics. Environmental crisis -- manifestation of the civilization crises.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 131|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Mgr. Martin Fero, PhD. (person responsible for course) - slovak|
PhDr. Štefan Huszár, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
|Last modification:||16. 4. 2019|
|Supervisor:||Mgr. Martin Fero, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.