Oct 17, 2019   7:12 a.m. Hedviga
Academic information system

Course syllabus I1-PZTZ - Operation of the Sanitary Facilities (FCE - SS 2019/2020)


     Information sheet          ECTS          Syllabus          


     Slovak          English          


University: Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
Faculty: Faculty of Civil Engineering
Course unit code: I1-PZTZ
Course unit title: Operation of the Sanitary Facilities
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
lecture1 hour weekly (on-site method)
seminar1 hour weekly (on-site method)

 
Credits allocated: 2
 
Recommended semester/trimester: Building Services - master (semi-compulsory), 4. semester
Level of study: 2.
Prerequisites for registration: none
 
Assesment methods:
Students develop assignments and write 3 tests during the semester. The final grade is the sum of points for assignments and tests with the following percentage evaluation:
assignments 40%, each test 20% (total 60%).
A 92-100%, B 83-91%, C 74-82%, D - 65-73%, E 56-64%.
 
Learning outcomes of the course unit:

Subject informs students about the legislative, the hygienic, the energetic, the environmental and the technical requirements for optimal and safe operation of sanitary facilities - water supply, sewerage and gas supply in buildings.
 
Course contents:
- Water pipelines in buildings. Pipe materials, joining of piping, operating pressure, technical requirements for quality of domestic hot and cold water. Calculation of a lifetime of pipeline.
- Water treatment method. Disinfection of pipelines, storage tanks and heaters. Operation of security units against backflow water and protection valves. Calculation and design of expansion joints for plastic pipe.
- Commissioning of water supply. Pressure testing of water supply. Pipe flushing by water and compressed air. Protection of pipes against corrosion and heat. Noise reduction during operation of sanitary facilities.
- Operation of sewerage systems. Pressure testing of sewerage systems. Requirements for equipment of sewerage - roof drains, floor drains, cleaning fitting, air admittance valve, pumping equipment.
- Precleaning of foul water. Operation and maintenance of separator systems for light liquids (petrol interceptor and grease separators).
- Greywater and rainwater systems. Ensuring quality of non-portable water (disinfection and water testing)
- Operation of gas appliances. Pressure testing of gas supply.

- Control and operation of gas appliances.

 
Recommended or required reading:
Basic:
PERÁČKOVÁ, J. -- JÁNOŠKOVÁ, T. -- TONHAUZER, I. -- BEŇO, S. -- SUMEC, A. Technické zariadenia budov I. Zdravotná technika: Cvičenia a ateliérová tvorba. Bratislava : STU v Bratislave, 2004. 312 p. ISBN 80-227-2035-6.
TOMAŠOVIČ, P. -- BEŤKO, B. -- PERÁČKOVÁ, J. Zvuková a tepelná ochrana v budovách. Bratislava : STU v Bratislave, 2006. 287 p. ISBN 80-227-2394-0.
VALÁŠEK, J. Ochrana pitnej vody vo vodovodných rozvodoch pred znečistením. Aurius, 2003. 63 p.

Recommended:
Sitár,P.- Novodomský,M.:Plynové zariadenia v budovách v otázkach a odpovediach. Združenie odborníkov plynových zariadení. Bratislava, 2008.279s. ISBN 978-80-970058-8-7.

 
Language of instruction: slovak
 
Notes:
 
Courses evaluation:
Assessed students in total: 53

ABCDEFX
50,9 %34,0 %9,4 %0 %5,7 %0 %
Name of lecturer(s): Ing. Taťjana Jánošková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
doc. Ing. Jana Peráčková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak
Ing. Kamila Víchová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
 
Last modification: 16. 4. 2019
Supervisor: doc. Ing. Jana Peráčková, PhD. and programme supervisor


Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.

Type of output: