Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-PZTZ - Operation of the Sanitary Facilities (FCE - SS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||I1-PZTZ|
|Course unit title:||Operation of the Sanitary Facilities|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Building Services - master (semi-compulsory), 4. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Students develop assignments and write 3 tests during the semester. The final grade is the sum of points for assignments and tests with the following percentage evaluation: |
assignments 40%, each test 20% (total 60%).
A 92-100%, B 83-91%, C 74-82%, D - 65-73%, E 56-64%.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
Subject informs students about the legislative, the hygienic, the energetic, the environmental and the technical requirements for optimal and safe operation of sanitary facilities - water supply, sewerage and gas supply in buildings.
|- Water pipelines in buildings. Pipe materials, joining of piping, operating pressure, technical requirements for quality of domestic hot and cold water. Calculation of a lifetime of pipeline.
- Water treatment method. Disinfection of pipelines, storage tanks and heaters. Operation of security units against backflow water and protection valves. Calculation and design of expansion joints for plastic pipe.
- Commissioning of water supply. Pressure testing of water supply. Pipe flushing by water and compressed air. Protection of pipes against corrosion and heat. Noise reduction during operation of sanitary facilities.
- Operation of sewerage systems. Pressure testing of sewerage systems. Requirements for equipment of sewerage - roof drains, floor drains, cleaning fitting, air admittance valve, pumping equipment.
- Precleaning of foul water. Operation and maintenance of separator systems for light liquids (petrol interceptor and grease separators).
- Greywater and rainwater systems. Ensuring quality of non-portable water (disinfection and water testing)
- Operation of gas appliances. Pressure testing of gas supply.
- Control and operation of gas appliances.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 53|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Taťjana Jánošková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak|
doc. Ing. Jana Peráčková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak
Ing. Kamila Víchová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
|Last modification:||16. 4. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Jana Peráčková, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.