Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-DEM - Demography (FCE - SS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-DEM|
|Course unit title:||Demography|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The subject of demography students acquire knowledge about the movement, demographic, and development of economically active population. The impact of demographic factors is particularly important in determining the degree of urbanization process. Criteria for distribution of population in urban and rural, and measure the degree of concentration and degree of help urban planners particularly in the formation of urban agglomerations.|
|Basic concepts and the importance of demography. The social significance and philosophical basis of demography.
• The social transformation of the population and its reproduction. Demographic statistics.
• Educational level of population and economic activity.
• Theory of stationary and stable population.
• Perspectives, forecasts and projections of the population.
• Demographic factors such as primary factors in determining the degree of urbanization process.
• Criteria for urban and rural population. statistical, administrative, historical, legal, architectural - their strengths and weaknesses.
• Urban agglomeration and concentration of population. The importance of measuring the degree of concentration. Ways of increasing concentrations of population. Comparison of "urban" and "rural" population.
• Demographic projections.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 1|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Danka Barloková, PhD. (examiner, lecturer) - slovak|
Ing. Katarína Heretiková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak
|Last modification:||16. 4. 2019|
|Supervisor:||Ing. Katarína Heretiková, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.