Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus N400K1_4D - Composite Materials (FCFT - 2019/2020 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology|
|Course unit code:||N400K1_4D|
|Course unit title:||Composite Materials|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Macromolecular Chemistry - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 2. year|
Macromolecular Chemistry - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 2. year
Technology of Polymer Materials - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 2. year
|Level of study:||3.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Participating at lectures.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student receive the knowledge about the progressive polymer matrix and fillers, knows to evaluate influence of filler type and geometry and polymer matrix on final final end use properties of polymer composites. He has knowledge’s about the state-of-the-art of physical and chemical modification, production and processing and functionalization of natural and synthetic micro and nanofillers and polymer matrix. He is informed about the newest achievements and developments in hybrid polymer matrix and fillers, polymer nanocomposites and composites for advanced applications.|
|1. Introduction to advanced polymer composites (APC).
2. Production and treatment of high inorganic and organic fibres for APC.
3. Preparation and processing of fibre polymer composites.
4. New types of fibre composite materials for automotive, aviation and medicine.
5. Polymer composites based on natural fillers and biodegradable polymers.
6. Factors influencing properties of polymer nanocomposites, new types of natural nanofillers.
7. Production and functionalization of carbon nanotubes.
8. Carbon nanotubes based polymer nanocomposites.
9. Polymer nanocomposites based of grapheme, functionalization, production, applications.
10. Polymer micro and nanocomposites based on hybrid matrix and fillers.
11. New trends in developments of polymer micro and nanocomposites.
12. Ecological and economical aspects of further polymer composites developments.
13. Recycling of polymer composites.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||-- item not defined --|
|Assessed students in total: 37|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Viera Khunová, PhD. (person responsible for course) - slovak|
|Last modification:||26. 4. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Viera Khunová, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Tomáš Molnár on 04/26/2019.