Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus 2_KTI4_AD - Contexts in Interior Design (FA - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Architecture|
|Course unit code:||2_KTI4_AD|
|Course unit title:||Contexts in Interior Design|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Architecture - master (optional), 1. semester|
Architecture (study in English) - master (optional), 1. semester
Urban Design - master (optional), 1. semester
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Active participation in lectures, seminars and personal consultations during the semester.|
Personal presentation of the student´s theoretical and practical work at the final defense of the studio.
PPT presentation and written essay on selected topic.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The student will acquire theoretical knowledge from the area of designing an interior in relation to practice as well as from the area of designing type and atype element in interior. He/she will understand the complex relations in architecture, interior and design and he/she is able to analyse those relationships.
The student will acquire an overview and practical skills that they will use for their individual design in their own work.
The student can practically and simply express his/her own visual opinion on the topics in the form of exercises and presentations themselves.
The student is able to write a theoretical essay on selected area, which helps as a support in the process of interior creation.
1. Architecture - interior - design and their compliance in the creative industry and innovation
Intellectual property, basic concepts. Product and business structures, basic concepts.
Creation of interior and creation of interior element, methodology, differences.
2. Basic factors of design process in interior and design - composition, function and
disposition, space needs of man and ergonomics, typology, material, elements and components,
construction, technology and economy.
3. Basic factors of the implementation process in the interior - construction, craft work and
4. Basic factors of the design process - prototyping, certification, industrial-legal protection
and implementation management.
5. Creating and realization of the interior in practice.
- How to Present.
- Typology and systematics in relation to architecture and design.
- Styling in interior.
- Composition, space and form.
- Light and colour in interior.
- Material and surface.
- Disposition, zoning and operation.
- Elements and components in the interior.
- Construction and building interior.
- Budget and the interior.
- Projection, construction and craft work, co-ordination of work and
co-ordination of engineering.
6. Practical exercises.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 68|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Mgr. art. Andrea Ďurianová (examiner, instructor, lecturer)|
Ing. Dušan Kočlík, ArtD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
Mgr. art. Ing. arch. Peter Mazalán, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english
Ing. arch. Katarína Morávková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
Ing. arch. Igor Salcer, ArtD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||30. 4. 2019|
|Supervisor:||Ing. arch. Igor Salcer, ArtD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Róbert Tichý on 04/30/2019.