Dec 11, 2019   4:44 a.m. Hilda
Academic information system

Course syllabus 1_ARKR_AU - Architectural Drawing (FA - WS 2019/2020)


     Information sheet          ECTS          Syllabus          


     Slovak          English          


University: Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
Faculty: Faculty of Architecture
Course unit code: 1_ARKR_AU
Course unit title: Architectural Drawing
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
seminar3 hours weekly (on-site method)

 
Credits allocated: 4
 
Recommended semester/trimester: Architecture and Urban Design - bachelor (compulsory), 1. semester
Architecture and Urban Design (study in English) - bachelor (compulsory), 1. semester
Level of study: 1.
Prerequisites for registration: none
 
Assesment methods:
Handing in all exercises - excused absences in sessions need to be substituted. Successful completion of the course is conditioned by handing in all the tasks and sitting for the test at the end of the semester. Grades for the practical tasks form 80% of the overall result, the test result represents the remaining 20%.
 
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
Students shall develop capacities in graphical presentation - visualization of spatial ideas which together with aesthetical feeling form the essence of the architectural creative process. Students shall obtain:
Special stress is focused on gaining graphical skills in free-hand drawing. The students shall acquire the necessary technical knowledge and practical experiences in visual graphical communication for all levels of architectural and artistic design and on the basis of these capacities they will be able to visualize their spatial ideas using axonometry and linear perspective in correct geometrical and proportional relationships using mainly the basic geometrical principles of the square and cube without making use of drawing tools.
 
Course contents:
The practical sessions pass from graphical preparation (training of graphical skills) through training of the elementary geometrical bodies and their combinations, to an understanding of their spatial and aesthetical properties.
- Information on the course aims. Elementary principles of visual graphical communication, graphical preparation. Training drawing straight lines in various directions
- psychological aspects of perception of the elementary geometrical bodies. Clusters of lines
- Curced lines - open, closed
- training in observation of proportional relationships
- right angle as an important element in spatial visualization
- drawing squares in basic position and at various angular rotations. Geometrical properties of the square and its dividing
- theoretical basis of axonometric and perspective visualizations
- planar analysis of the cube based on its geometrical properties in angular projection. Illustration of compact solids in angular projection
- linear perspective - terminology, illustrations of squares, perspective visualizations
of architectural compositions
 
Recommended or required reading:
Basic:
MEDEK, V. -- VRANKA, A. Deskriptívna geometria pre architektov. Bratislava: STU, 1991.
COLEOVÁ, A. Perspektíva. Bratislava : Perfekt, 2000. 63 p. ISBN 8080461694.

 
Language of instruction: slovak or english
 
Notes:
 
Courses evaluation:
Assessed students in total: 899

ABCDEFX
11,8 %30,3 %43,5 %12,8 %1,6 %0,0 %
Name of lecturer(s): Ing. arch. Jozef Baláž, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak
doc. Ing. arch. Mgr. Andrej Botek, PhD. (examiner, instructor)
doc. Ing. arch. Andrea Urlandová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
 
Last modification: 30. 4. 2019
Supervisor: doc. Ing. arch. Andrea Urlandová, PhD. and programme supervisor


Last modification made by Róbert Tichý on 04/30/2019.

Type of output: