Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus 1_FAR_D - Colour (FA - SS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Architecture|
|Course unit code:||1_FAR_D|
|Course unit title:||Colour|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Design - bachelor (compulsory), 2. semester|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Practical tasks shall be continuously evaluated during the semester as part of the training process linked closely with the lectures. Students, who have completed all tasks fulfilling their criteria and have actively demonstrated the acquired practical skills in the framework of the seminar tasks, can sit for the final test. 80% of the overall final evaluation reflects activity and obtained results in seminars whilst the test result composes the remaining 20%.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|- The course aims at providing students with the basics of colour science with stress especially on visual sensitivity, on strengthening skills in colour vision and communication.
The seminars focused on training capacities in visual analysis and colour preparation have for their goal to give students a basic orientation in colour theory basics, to enable them to communicate on colour professionally, to be skilled enough to prepare desired colours by mixing,to analyze simple relationships between colours, use their aesthetical and functional effects.
- Students shall understand and realize the impact of colours as an integral part of visual perceptions, their effects on design, marketing and also the importance of knowledge of trends and contexts. They will be guided towards conscious and targeted influencing of colour appearance and testing the effects on model situations.
|- colour, its roles, characteristics, terminology
- colour vision and perception
- professional interdisciplinary communication on colour, colour specification and measurement
- current theories, relationships between colours, composition principles
- effects and interactions of colours
- aesthetic colour theory, principles of harmony
- colour preferences and trends
- colour analyses, conceptual design process -criteria and principles
- colour distinguishing, characteristics identification and skills in colour mixing according to a pre-defined aims, colour choices conditioned by functional, aesthetical and composition principles, practical tasks
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 187|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. arch. Andrea Urlandová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak|
|Last modification:||30. 4. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. arch. Andrea Urlandová, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Róbert Tichý on 04/30/2019.