Dec 12, 2019   3:42 a.m. Otília
Academic information system

Course syllabus 1_FAR_D - Colour (FA - SS 2019/2020)


     Information sheet          ECTS          Syllabus          


     Slovak          English          


University: Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
Faculty: Faculty of Architecture
Course unit code: 1_FAR_D
Course unit title: Colour
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
lecture1 hour weekly (on-site method)
seminar1 hour weekly (on-site method)

 
Credits allocated: 2
 
Recommended semester/trimester: Design - bachelor (compulsory), 2. semester
Level of study: 1.
Prerequisites for registration: none
 
Assesment methods:
Practical tasks shall be continuously evaluated during the semester as part of the training process linked closely with the lectures. Students, who have completed all tasks fulfilling their criteria and have actively demonstrated the acquired practical skills in the framework of the seminar tasks, can sit for the final test. 80% of the overall final evaluation reflects activity and obtained results in seminars whilst the test result composes the remaining 20%.
 
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
- The course aims at providing students with the basics of colour science with stress especially on visual sensitivity, on strengthening skills in colour vision and communication.
The seminars focused on training capacities in visual analysis and colour preparation have for their goal to give students a basic orientation in colour theory basics, to enable them to communicate on colour professionally, to be skilled enough to prepare desired colours by mixing,to analyze simple relationships between colours, use their aesthetical and functional effects.
- Students shall understand and realize the impact of colours as an integral part of visual perceptions, their effects on design, marketing and also the importance of knowledge of trends and contexts. They will be guided towards conscious and targeted influencing of colour appearance and testing the effects on model situations.
 
Course contents:
- colour, its roles, characteristics, terminology
- colour vision and perception
- professional interdisciplinary communication on colour, colour specification and measurement
- current theories, relationships between colours, composition principles
- effects and interactions of colours
- aesthetic colour theory, principles of harmony
- colour preferences and trends
- colour analyses, conceptual design process -criteria and principles
- colour distinguishing, characteristics identification and skills in colour mixing according to a pre-defined aims, colour choices conditioned by functional, aesthetical and composition principles, practical tasks
 
Recommended or required reading:
Basic:
URLANDOVA, A. Encyklopaedia Beliana, IV. zväzok, heslo Farba. Bratislava. Bratislava: Encyklopedický ústav SAV, 2005. 698 p. ISBN 80-224-0847-6.
ARC Laboratory Handbook Vol.5: Conservation of architectural heritage, historic structures and materials. Rome : ICCROM, 2008. ISBN 92-9077-157-7.

 
Language of instruction: slovak
 
Notes:
 
Courses evaluation:
Assessed students in total: 187

ABCDEFX
36,4 %40,6 %14,4 %6,4 %2,2 %0 %
Name of lecturer(s): doc. Ing. arch. Andrea Urlandová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak
 
Last modification: 30. 4. 2019
Supervisor: doc. Ing. arch. Andrea Urlandová, PhD. and programme supervisor


Last modification made by Róbert Tichý on 04/30/2019.

Type of output: