24. 1. 2020  12:02 Timotej
Akademický informačný systém

Sylabus predmetu 2_FAR_AU - Colour Design Principles (FA - SS 2019/2020)

     Informačný list          ECTS          Sylabus          

     Slovenčina          Angličtina          

University: Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
Faculty: Faculty of Architecture
Course unit code: 2_FAR_AU
Course unit title: Colour Design Principles
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
lecture1 hour weekly (on-site method)
seminar1 hour weekly (on-site method)

Credits allocated: 3
Recommended semester/trimester: Architecture - master (optional), 2. semester
Architecture (study in English) - master (optional), 2. semester
Urban Design - master (optional), 2. semester
Level of study: 2.
Prerequisites for registration: none
Assesment methods:
Seminar tasks shall be continuouslz discussed and evaluated in the course of the semester, as thez are part of the training process in sensitivity to colours and their perception. Timely submission of all seminar papers and tasks fulfilling successfully all stated requirements entitle students to sit for the exam.
Active contributions to the seminars and fulfilment of the tasks represent 80% of the final evaluation, the final exam completes the remaining 20%.
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
The course aims at training students in the principles of formulating colour designs for the built environment. The objective is to achieve, that at the end of the course students will have obtained
- an overview of the current colour science - based knowledge on colour vision, perception, as well as trends, especially in the specific application areas of appropriate methods and processes for differentiated types of spaces;
- an understanding of the importance and effects of colours, the possibilities of applying them by means of using colour order systems;
- capacities to analyze environmnets from the point of view of colour, communicate on colour at an exact level
- capacities to work with colour conceptually.
Course contents:
- the notion of colour, relevant terminology,
- colour vision and perception,
- professional interdisciplinary colour communication, colour measurement and specification,
- current colour order systems,
- colour effects and interactions, the aesthetical colour theory, principles of harmony,
- colour as an integral part of the design process. Approaches, practices and principles of colour design of spaces, buildings, ensembles,
- colour analyses and design methods.
Recommended or required reading:
URLANDOVÁ, A. Encyklopaedia Beliana, IV. zväzok, heslo Farba. Bratislava: Encyklopedický ústav SAV, 2005. 698 p. ISBN 80-224-0847-6.
URLANDOVA, A. ARC Laboratory Handbook , Vol.5.  [online]. 2008. URL: http://ICCROM.
URLANDOVÁ, A. Farba a architektonické/urbanistické navrhovanie 4.1 Problémový rámec - farba a architektonická a urbanistická tvorba. In Praktická príručka funkčných a technických požiadaviek na výstavbu. p. 4.

Language of instruction: slovak or english
Courses evaluation:
Assessed students in total: 47

51,1 %34,0 %10,6 %4,3 %0 %0 %
Name of lecturer(s): doc. Ing. arch. Andrea Urlandová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english
Last modification: 30. 4. 2019
Supervisor: doc. Ing. arch. Andrea Urlandová, PhD. and programme supervisor

Last modification made by Róbert Tichý on 04/30/2019.

Typ výstupu: