Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B-LA1 - Linear Algebra 1 (FEEIT - WS 2019/2020)
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
Course unit code:
Course unit title:
|Linear Algebra 1|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
Applied Informatics - bachelor (compulsory), 1. semester
|Level of study:|
Prerequisites for registration:
During the semester there will be credit tests (30%).
To acomplish credit a student must obtain at least 15 of 30 points from credit tests, Additional 70 points can be obtained on the final exam. For final grade A at least 92, for B 83, C 74, D 65 and for E 56 points are needed.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students obtain knowledge of fundamentals of linear algebra, matrix algebra, analytic geometry in 3-dimensional space, polynomials and rational functions with real coefficients. They will be able to use elimination methods to solve systems of linear equations.|
| 1. Systems of linear equations. Gauss and Gauss-Jordan elimination method
2. Matrices and determinants.
3. Arithmetic in space Rn. Linear (in)dependence, basis.
4. Matrix algebra, computatioéon of the inverse matrix.
5. Polynomials, roots, the Horner scheme.
6. Rational roots of polynomials with integer coefficients.
7. Irreducible polynomials, canonical factorizations of polynomials.
8. Ratioonal functions, elementary fractioons.
9. Vectors in R3, scalar and vector produts.
10.Equations of lines and planes
11. Quadratic forms.
12. quadric surfaces
12. Gramm-Schmidt orthogonalization
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:|
slovak or english
Assessed students in total: 800
|Name of lecturer(s):|
6. 5. 2019
|Supervisor:||doc. RNDr. Michal Zajac, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 05/06/2019.