Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B-PT - Programing techniques (FEEIT - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:||B-PT|
|Course unit title:||Programing techniques|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Informatics - bachelor (compulsory), 3. semester|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||passed Programming 2 (B-PROG2) or passed Algorithms and Programmings (B-ALPRI)|
|During semester will be two programming tests, for each test it is possible to obtain 10 points. For written exam is possible to obtain 80 points. In order to get A grade at least 92 points are necessary, to get B grade at least 82 points are necessary, to get C grade at least 74 points are necessary, to get D grade at least 65 points are necessary, to get E grade at least 56 points are necessary.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The student will acquire detailed knowledge of the C++ programming language, detailed knowledge of algorithms for sorting and searching as well as detailed knowledge of basic data strructures.|
|1. Introduction to the C++ programming language, pointers, arrays, types.
2. Searching and sorting: quick sort, merge sort, bubble sort, insertion sort, heap sort.
3. Time and space complexity of algorithms, linked list, recursion.
4. Classes, objects, methods, namespace, constructors, destructors, this pointer, dynamic memory allocation, static objects.
5. STL: standard template library.
6. Binary search tree, red-black tree.
7. Containers: queue, deque, list, map, vector, multiset.
8. Function overloading, operator overloading
9. Polymorphism, templates.
10. Dynamic cast, exception handling.
11. Breadth-first search, depth-first search, shortest path.
12. Abstract classes, virtual functions.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 1004|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Martin Dekan, PhD. (examiner, instructor)|
Dr. rer. nat. Martin Drozda (examiner, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
Ing. Pavol Marák (instructor) - slovak, english
Ing. Vladislav Novák (instructor) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||13. 6. 2019|
|Supervisor:||Dr. rer. nat. Martin Drozda and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Bc. Petr Kolářík on 06/13/2019.