Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I-PS2 - Computer networks 2 (FEEIT - SS 2019/2020)
|Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:|
|Course unit title:||Computer networks 2|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Informatics - master (semi-compulsory), 2. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:|
|During semester will be an assignment for 20 points and a test for 10 points. For written exam is possible to obtain 80 points. In order to get A grade at least 92 points are necessary, to get B grade at least 82 points are necessary, to get C grade at least 74 points are necessary, to get D grade at least 65 points are necessary, to get E grade at least 56 points are necessary.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
The student will acquire detailed knowledge of wireless ad hoc and sensor networks. The focus will be on protocol design for wireless ad hoc networks and their performance evaluation.
1. Introduction to wireless ad hoc networks.
2. Introduction to performance evaluation. Capacity of ad hoc networks: d2-matching, computational complexity of d2-matching.
3. MAC protocols: IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.15.4, CSMA, MACA.
4. Routing protocols: DSDV, DSR, AODV, DYMO, TORA, location-aware routing.
5. IPv4, IPv6. Impact of TCP and UDP on performance of ad hoc networks.
6. Movement models.
7. Simulators for ad hoc networks: ns2, ns3, JiST/SWANS, OMNeT++.
8. Introduction to sensor networks. Routing protocols for sensor networks. Operating systems for sensor networks.
9. Energy efficient protocols for ad hoc and sensor networks.
10. Protocol interactions and their impact on performance of ad hoc networks.
11. Topology control, data fusion, delay-tolerant ad hoc networks.
12. Ad hoc network security.
Recommended or required reading:
|Language of instruction:|
slovak or english
Assessed students in total: 519
Name of lecturer(s):
|Dr. rer. nat. Martin Drozda (lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english |
Ing. Stanislav Marček, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak, english
9. 5. 2019
Dr. rer. nat. Martin Drozda and programme supervisor
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 05/09/2019.