Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I-MOBV - Mobile Computing (FEEIT - WS 2019/2020)
|Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:||I-MOBV|
|Course unit title:|
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
Applied Informatics - master (semi-compulsory), 3. semester
|Level of study:||2.|
Prerequisites for registration:
|During semester the student can obtain up to 40 points for a project and its presentation. For written exam it is possible to obtain 60 points. In order to get A grade at least 92 points are necessary, to get B grade at least 82 points are necessary, to get C grade at least 74 points are necessary, to get D grade at least 65 points are necessary, to get E grade at least 56 points are necessary.|
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
The student will acquire detailed knowledge of the current trends in mobile computing, including Android OS, social networking, gamification and various application areas.
1. Introduction to mobile computing, Android Studio, AVD, Debugging.
2. Material design for Android, locale, landscape/portrait orientation, Bundle, Activity, activity life cycle, Context, Toast, addView, listener.
3. Back stack, Intent, startActivity, startActivityForResult, Cursor, FloatingActionButton, Intent filter, Permissions (RunTime).
4. BroadcastReceiver, Notification, PendingIntent, Service, AsyncTask, SharedPreferences, SQLite.
5. Appcompat, Fragment, ContentProvider.
6. SearchView, JNI, NDK.
7. Social computing: Hooked model, trigger, action, variable reward, investment.
8. Social computing: Fogg model, sorts of rewards, examples of social network models.
9. Gamification: introduction to gamification, examples of gamification, sorts of gamification.
10. Gamification: game progress, on-boarding, PBL model, Werbach model.
11. Gamification: sorts of rewards, motivation, self-determination theory, virality, game cycle, competition and cooperation, crowdsourcing.
12. Serious games, mobile healthcare.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:|
slovak or english
Assessed students in total: 340
Name of lecturer(s):
9. 5. 2019
Dr. rer. nat. Martin Drozda and programme supervisor
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 05/09/2019.