Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I-ZKRY - Cryptography (FEEIT - WS 2019/2020)
|Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:|
|Course unit title:|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Informatics - master (semi-compulsory), 1. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:|
|There will be two written exams worth 15 points each, one assignment from programming worth 20 points and a final exam worth 50 points; the student needs to have at least 92 points for grade A, for grade B at least 83 points, for grade C at least 74 points, for grade D at least 65 points and for grade E at least 56 points. The student with less than 30 points after two written exams and an assignment will not be given the credit.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The goal is to gain knowledge in the basic theoretical and practical approaches in cryptography. The course begins with basic facts about classical ciphers. Second part is the introduction to the study of algebraic structures, which help the students to understand the principles of constructions of block and asymmetric ciphers. Third part covers the selected representants of these cryptosystems. After the course, the students will be familiar with the construction and usage of these cryptographic algorithms.|
|1. The overview of classical ciphers.
2. The basics of modular arithmetics.
3. Selected algebraic structures and their role in cryptography.
4. Permutations in algebraic structures.
5. Basic requirements on the cryptographic systems.
6. The models of message sources, random number generators, the statistical testing of random number generators.7. Blokové šifry Feistelovho typu.
8. LUCIFER, DES, BLOWFISH, GOST, IDEA, RIJNDAEL.
9. Modes of operation.
10. Public-key cryptosystems.
11. The rucksack system, McEliece, RSA, Goldwasser, EC-based systems.
12. The digital signature and related problems.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 183|
Name of lecturer(s):
|prof. RNDr. Otokar Grošek, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english|
|Last modification:||9. 5. 2019|
|prof. RNDr. Otokar Grošek, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 05/09/2019.