Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I-JEND - Nuclear Electronics and Detectors (FEEIT - WS 2019/2020)
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
|Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
Course unit code:
|Course unit title:||Nuclear Electronics and Detectors|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Nuclear and Physical Engineering - master (compulsory), 1. semester|
|Level of study:|
Prerequisites for registration:
|Permission for exam: Attending experiments in laboratories, handing the reports of experiments – maximal 10 points, Obtaining permission for exam attendance: all reports shell be handed over and at least 5 points out of 10 shell be obtained.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Obtaining the overview of various kinds of detection of ionizing radiation. Obtaining the knowledge in recent detection systems of ionizing radiation and their principle of operation. Obtaining practical experience in measuring of various types of ionizing radiation. Obtaining basic knowledge in problematic of detector read-out via analogue and digital spectrometric chain.|
1. Principle of detection of ionizing radiation.
2. Uncertainties and errors in registration of ionizing radiation. Binominal, Poisson and Normal distribution.
3. Gas field detectors: principle of operation. Ionizing chamber. Proportional counter. Geiger-Mueller counter. Corona counter.
4. Scintillation detectors
5. Semiconductor detectors
6. Other types of detectors (TLD, Cherenkov, photo-emulsions, superconducting)
7. Analogue spectrometric chain (preamplifier, shaping amplifier, analogue-to-digital convertor, multi-channel analyser)
8. Digitalization of spectrometric chain and modular systems of spectrometric chains
9. CCD detectors
10. Digital X-ray imaging systems.
|Recommended or required reading:|
Language of instruction:
|slovak or english|
Assessed students in total: 64
Name of lecturer(s):
|Ing. Dorota Flamíková (instructor)|
Ing. Adam Jakabovič (instructor)
Ing. Katarína Sedlačková, PhD. (instructor)
Ing. Branislav Stríbrnský (instructor)
doc. Ing. Andrea Šagátová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor)
|Last modification:||3. 4. 2020|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Andrea Šagátová, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 04/03/2020.