Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I-MRJE - Measuremet and Control of Nuclear Power Plants (FEEIT - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:||I-MRJE|
|Course unit title:||Measuremet and Control of Nuclear Power Plants|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Nuclear and Physical Engineering - master (semi-compulsory), 3. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|From seminars and exercises knowledge will be done written final test on which may be obtained 40 points. From the final exam student can obtain 60 points. To obtain all credits student must attend seminars and exercises and may have no more than 2 absences and must obtain at least 56 points from test and exam.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student will obtain basic knowledge in the field of automatic control of technological processes with focus on nuclear power plants, the physical principles of control systems functioning and configuration. Students will be able to manage the main technological components of control systems in different operating conditions.|
|1. Safety and control systems . Basic definitions.
2. Theoretical basics of automation and control.
3. Control technology. Regulators. Analog systems. Digital systems . Hybrid systems .
4. Basics of measurement. Physical principles, detectors, transducers.
5. Calibration and verification of measuring instruments.
6. In-core, ex-core measurements of reactor parameters. Heat generation in the reactor core. Safety margins.
7. Main NPPs control systems. Physical principles and instrumentation.
8. Safety limits in relation to the control system.
9. Safety systems.
10. Technological protection.
11. Emergency information, monitoring and control systems . Emergency control room.
12. Information systems and control room. Human factor. Computer aided management. Radiation monitoring systems.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 30|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Róbert Hinca, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english |
Ing. Matúš Saro (instructor) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||14. 5. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Róbert Hinca, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 05/14/2019.