Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I-URY - Accelerators (FEEIT - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:||I-URY|
|Course unit title:||Accelerators|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Nuclear and Physical Engineering - master (semi-compulsory), 3. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|• Credit eligibility = exam admission: 100% participation at the seminars and completion of all seminar projects. The projects will be evaluated by <0-20> points.|
• Reaching at least 60% at the exam test (i.e. at least 48 points out of 80)
Evaluation scale: A – <92-100> points
B – <83-92) points
C – <74-83) points
D – <65-74) points
E – <56-65) points
FX – <0-56> points
Logical "AND" shall be applied between criteria for the credit and the exam.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Understanding of working principles of all types of accelerators and mastering basics of particle and beam dynamics in standard particle accelerator components. Reading of expert texts on particle accelerator with competence. Getting an overview on application potential of particle accelerators. Electrostatic accelerators, linear accelerators, cyclotrons, synchrotrons, applications of accelerators in materials sciences, nuclear physics, medicine.|
|1. Recapitulation of basic properties of electric and magnetic fields.
2. Classification of particle accelerators.
3. Static characteristics of accelerated particles.
4. Dynamic characteristics of accelerated particles.
5. Physical principles of charged-particle acceleration.
6. Introduction to longitudinal beam dynamics.
7. Introduction to transverse beam dynamics.
8. Introduction to ion-beam physics.
9. Electrostatic accelerators.
10. Circular accelerators.
11. Application of accelerators in materials science.
12. Application of accelerators in medicine.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 17|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Márius Pavlovič, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english|
|Last modification:||14. 5. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Márius Pavlovič, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 05/14/2019.