Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-STA - Statics (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-STA|
|Course unit title:||Statics|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|monitoring assignment and tests|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|To obtain knowledge's from calculation force systems (concurrent and nonconcurrent) two - dimensional and three - dimensional force system. To find centroids of lines and areas, cross section characteristics (rectangular and polar moments of inertia). To lead the methodology of the calculation statically determinate structures simple beams, frames and trusses.|
|- Basic concepts, principles and laws of mechanics. Two and three dimensional force system -- equilibrium conditions and resultants. Varignon's theorem.
- Basic cross sectional characteristics: first moments of area, centroid, area rectangular and polar moments of inertia.
- Statics of the mass point, solid plate and rigid body. Degrees of freedom. External and internal support and calculation forces in the support. External loading and it's distribution on the construction.
- Internal forces. Shear and bending moment relationships and loading, shear and moment relationships. Shear--force and bending moment diagrams on the statically determinate structures: beams (line beam, slanting beam circular and parabolic arch and frame.
- Plane trusses (method of joints and method of sections), continue beam with the hinge, combined structures (three pined frame, frame with draw rod), and combined statically determine the structure.
- Flexible cables - parabolic and catenary cables.
- Introduction to the principal axiom of statics. Concept of virtual work on the rigid body. Application kinematics analyses on the beam with one degree of freedom.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 2749|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Roland Antal, PhD. (instructor)|
doc. Ing. Oľga Hubová, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Oľga Ivánková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
Ing. Katarína Lamperová (instructor)
Ing. Monika Márföldi (instructor)
Ing. Zuzana Mészárosová (instructor)
doc. Ing. Martin Psotný, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
Ing. Jakub Rubint (instructor)
Ing. Matúš Turis (instructor)
doc. Ing. Katarína Tvrdá, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
Ing. Lenka Uhlířová (instructor)
Ing. Ivana Véghová, PhD. (instructor) - slovak, english
Ing. Michal Venglár, PhD. (instructor)
|Last modification:||11. 6. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Martin Psotný, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 06/11/2019.