|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|Course unit code:||210513_IDP|
|Course unit title:||Continuum Mechanics|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Mechanics and Mechatronics - master (semi-compulsory), 2. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|During the semester, the exercise is done by test.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students obtain practical experiences of motion and equilibrium of gases, liquids and solid deformable bodies. Obtain an overview and practical experience from the use of tensor calculus to solve practical problems of engineering practice. You will learn the basic principles of constitutive equations for various types of linear and nonlinear problems.|
|• Basics of tensors calculus
• Tensors of first degree, their properties.
• The transformation tensors
• Tensors of second and third degree, their properties.
• Stress tensor and deformation tensor. The main axis and the main stress.
• Equation of motion, Equations of equilibrium.
• Constitutive equations.
• Bounded and unbounded thermoelasticity problems,
• Fundamentals of nonlinear continuum mechanics.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 181|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Ladislav Écsi, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english |
doc. Ing. Branislav Hučko, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)
|Last modification:||13. 6. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Branislav Hučko, PhD. and programme supervisor|