|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|Course unit code:||270534_IDP|
|Course unit title:||PLM Techniques|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Manufacturing Systems and Quality Management - master (semi-compulsory), 2. semester|
Manufacturing Systems and Quality Management (in english language) - master (optional), 2. semester
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|-- item not defined --|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student gets information about a complex approach to the current PLM systems as a set of software solutions that put the product in focus as the most important component of the enterprise. He is familiar with a suite of software applications that support the collection of relevant product and service information. The subject provides students with an effective tool for concentrating, sharing and using data on products provided at all phases of the product lifecycle from the first idea through design, development and production to disposal.
Students will acquire knowledge and skills in managing a company strategy that relies on product lifecycle management, which is characterized as an integrated management with an emphasis on managing and using product data throughout the life cycle of a product, product line, or service.
|• Automate product lifecycle management.
• Product lifecycle and PLM concept.
• Functionality and architecture of PLM systems.
• PLM as an integrated set of user applications.
• Comprehensive enterprise solution architecture as a three-component system:
1. Central Infrastructure (Modular PLM System)
2. a system for development and integration and application,
3. enterprise applications (authoring systems).
• Development of PLM in the information technology market.
• Overview of products available on the market.
• Operating a virtual organization using PLM.
• Methodology of building VO-PLM concept.
• Evaluation Criteria for Selection.
• PLM solution selection methodology.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 22|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Peter Križan, PhD. (lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english |
Ing. Juraj Úradníček, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||14. 6. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Peter Križan, PhD. and programme supervisor|