|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|Course unit code:||270555_IDP|
|Course unit title:||Strategic Management|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Mechanics and Mechatronics - master (optional), 3. semester|
Automation and Informatics of Machines and Processes - master (optional), 3. semester
Automobiles and Mobile Production Machines - master (optional), 3. semester
Environmental Manufacturing Technologies - master (optional), 3. semester
Machines and Equipment for Chemical and Food Industries - master (optional), 3. semester
Manufacturing Systems and Quality Management - master (optional), 3. semester
Measurement and Testing - master (optional), 3. semester
Thermal Power Engineering Machinery and Equipment - master (optional), 3. semester
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|-- item not defined --|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The goal of the subject is to provide basic knowledge about the strategic management of the enterprises and business in the competitive environment. Students will get knowledge on the methods of the analysis of external and internal environment of business and the synthesis of obtained information for the formulation, implementation and control of fundamental strategies.|
|• The definition of strategy. Strategic management as a process. Model of strategic management. Hierarchical relations in strategic management.
• The content, significance and role of vision and mission. Strategic business goals.
• The structure of the business environment. Analysis of the macro-environment. Sectors analysis. Analysis of internal environment. SWOT analysis, synthesis results.
• Corporate strategy. Growth and development, the diversification of business. Management and evaluation methods of corporate portfolio analysis.
• Business strategy. Porter's competitive strategy, content, advantages and dangers. Functional strategy. Mission and content of basic functional strategies.
• Strategy implementation and control.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 5|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Edita Hekelová, PhD. (person responsible for course) - slovak|
PaedDr. Ing. Ingrid Součková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
|Last modification:||19. 6. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Edita Hekelová, PhD. and programme supervisor|