|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|Course unit code:||270652_IDP|
|Course unit title:||Methods of Planning and Beating up of Quality|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Environmental Manufacturing Technologies - master (semi-compulsory), 3. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|During semester, the student draws up 1 project. The sum of points for the project is 20 points. To pass it one must score at least 10 points. The examination consisting of written and oral parts is awarded a maximum of 30 points. To pass the examination one must score at least 18 points. Student will get the credits for the subject if she/he completes the project and examination successfully.|
Evaluation is done as follows: A 46-50 points; B 41-45 points; C 37-40 points; D 32-36 points; E 31-28 points.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student aquires knowledge of planning and improving the quality of products and processes in the stages of design, development and production. He/she understands the modern systematic approaches to planning and improving of product's quality. He/she can demonstrate the systematic procedure of quality planning and identify the methods suitable for planning and improving the quality. He/she can apply selected methods of quality planning and improving, explain the results arising from applying of methods and suggest the proper measures.|
|1. The present development in quality management. Quality planning and its importance in quality management systems. Methods of planning and improving the quality applied in ISO and the branch standard approaches.
2. Techniques and tools for planning and improving the quality. Seven basic and "modern" tool of quality planning and their application in stage of the product desing, development, production and delivery.
3. Network diagrams and their application in quality management.
5. Quality function deployment (QFD) and its application.
6. Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) and its application.
7. Fault tree analysis. Root cause analysis. Design review.
8. Taguchi loss function and its application.
9. Modern techniques of mapping work processes.
10. Lean phylosophy - aims, basics, tools. Selected methods of Lean Production (5S, Kanban, Poka-Joke, Jidoka, TMP, SMED).
11. Value stream mapping - lean tool.
12. Selected issues of Six Sigma strategy application.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 3|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Marcela Pokusová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english|
|Last modification:||21. 6. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Marcela Pokusová, PhD. and programme supervisor|