|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|Course unit code:||270611_IDP|
|Course unit title:||Modeling and Simulation|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Environmental Manufacturing Technologies - master (semi-compulsory), 3. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Individual work on assigned tasks within the practice|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Get a basic understanding of the technical problems solving using mathematical and other models, including simulation and practical skills to use discrete computer simulation to solve optimization problems.|
|• System understanding of the manufacturing process, queuing systems and networks.
• Modelling and simulation - definitions, terminology, models classification.
• Nature of discrete simulation, simulation software systems and support means.
• Stochastic nature of simulation models, random variables.
• The simulation system Witness - creating models, input data preparation and experimentation.
• Stages of simulation study, procedures for the analysis of experiments with simulation models.
• Optimization model as a tool for operational research.
• Simulation-based optimisation.
• Applications and ways of using simulation models.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 114|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Vladimír Jerz, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak |
doc. Ing. Ľudovít Kolláth, PhD. (person responsible for course)
|Last modification:||21. 6. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Ľudovít Kolláth, PhD. and programme supervisor|