|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|Course unit code:||270673_IDP|
|Course unit title:||Models of Decision Making|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Manufacturing Systems and Quality Management - master (semi-compulsory), 3. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Credit and exam|
- active participation in all exercises with the possibility of justification and substitution of max. 3 exercises.
- the exam consists of a written part - solving the example and answering the theoretical questions, the oral part - answers to additional questions.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student gain knowledge about methods and exact procedures, which can be used in the decision-making process for finding optimal solutions, especially in solving the design, management and operation of engineering production and logistics systems. He will get an overview of multi-criteria decision-making procedures for modeling preferences between criteria and between solutions to decision-making. They will also be familiar with the formal-logical aspects of decision-making processes, methods and tools, decision tables, decision trees and networks.|
|1. Definition of the decision process and basic terms. Classification of decision situations.
2. Basic decision model. Decision theory.
3. Decision types. Decision-making for certainty, risk and uncertainty. Decision-making rules. Individual and collective decision making.
4. Model Vroom and Yetton.
5. Modeling of decision-making processes. Simple ways to choose the best option.
6. Methods of expert evaluation of variants.
7. Nondominated variants. Methods with information on aspiration criteria levels. Methods with ordinal information on criteria.
8. Methods with cardinal information on criteria (TOPSIS, WSA, AHP).
9. Computer aided decision making - My Choice, Expert Choice systems.
10.Multicriterial decision making. Methods of weighting the criteria. Modeling preferences between variants.
11.Formal-logical methods. Decision tables.
12.Decision trees and nets.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 0|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Vladimír Jerz, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english|
|Last modification:||21. 6. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Vladimír Jerz, CSc. and programme supervisor|