Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D-PS1-TE - Specialization in Electromagnetic Field Theory I (FEEIT - 2019/2020 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:||D-PS1-TE|
|Course unit title:||Specialization in Electromagnetic Field Theory I|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Electromagnetic Field Theory - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 1. year|
Electromagnetic Field Theory - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 1. year
|Level of study:||3.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|The students receive credit for the subject after passing exam. Successful completion of the exam is conditional on satisfactory demonstration of knowledge and skills in the areas referred to in a brief syllabus with the emphasis on the dissertation.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The students acquire the necessary knowledge and skills and adopt the latest scientific findings from the selected area within the field of study Theory of Electrical Engineering, which includes an open scientific issue that is the subject of a thesis.|
|- Atomic magnetism, the magnetic moment of the electron in the single-electron atom, the magnetic model of multi-electron atom.
- Classification of substances according to magnetic properties. Substances without a magnetic structure, with disordered structure, diamagnetism, paramagnetism
- Substances with organized structure, ferromagnetism, antiferromagnetism, ferrimagnetism.
- Magnetic anisotropy and its classification. Magnetocrystalline anisotropy, energy of magnetocrystalline anisotropy. Magnetostriction (Joule effect) and Magnetoelastic (Vilari's) phenomenon.
- Domain structure of ferromagnets. Types of energy in ferromagnets and their association with the creation of a domain structure. reasons for cretion of domains, selection rules, analysis of basic types of domain structure. Domain walls, their geometry, calculation of domain wall thickness, special types of domains. Methods of Observation of magnetic domains.
- Magnetisation processes. The basic categorisation of the magnetisation processes and its relationship with the doménovou štruktúrou. The mechanism of magnetisation (formation of magnetic reversal nuclei), reasons for magnetic hysteresis.
- Basic principles of the measurement of magnetic properties of massive samples.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english or russian|
|Selected topics of the Subject specialization of the Theory of Electrical Engineering I are determined by the supervisor taking into account the dissertation subject.|
|Assessed students in total: 5|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Rastislav Dosoudil, PhD. (examiner) - slovak, english |
doc. Ing. Vladimír Jančárik, PhD. (examiner) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Jozef Jasenek, PhD. (examiner) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Elemír Ušák, PhD. (examiner, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||12. 7. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Elemír Ušák, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 07/12/2019.