Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus KKMS01_6I - Composites, Ceramic Materials and Glasses (MTF - SS 2020/2021)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Materials Science and Technology in Trnava|
|Course unit code:||KKMS01_6I|
|Course unit title:||Composites, Ceramic Materials and Glasses|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||1. + 2., 2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|The condition for successful examination is the presence at min. 2/3 of the lessons, all practical exercises and successful written examination. To receive A mark, at least 91 points of 100 is necessary, for B mark - 81-90 points, for C mark 71-80 points, D mark 61-70 bodov and for E mark 56-60 points. The credits will not be given in the case the conditions of participation on 2/3 of the lessons and all practical exercises are not fulfilled and/or less than 56 points were received from written examination.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The course Composites, ceramic materials and glasses offers for the students the knowledge of the methods and technologies of the preparation of bulk and coatings from monolithic and composite ceramic materials,glasses and corresponding coatings, about the processes of the development of microstructure and observation techniques as well as about wide range of their properties. Student shall understand the correlations among preparation conditions and microstructure and its influence on the resulting properties. He shall be able to select the most suitable material for individual applications based on the required properties and to determine the optimum conditions for its preparation.|
|Lessons on the following topics:
1. Characterization of the advanced ceramic materials and composites and glasses.
2. Technology of the preparation and production of the advance ceramic materials and composites, powder preparation, forming, sintering, advanced technologies of densification of ceramic materials.
3 Preparation and technology of glasses depending on the required composition and properties.
4. Microstructure characterization of the advance ceramic materials, composites and glasses and the corresponding observation and evaluation methods.
5. Physical, mechanical and other properties of ceramic materials, composites and glasses.
6. Applications and different types of ceramic materials, composites and glasses.
7. Ceramic coatings - preparation methods, properties and applications.
Practical excercises focused on:
1. Microstructure characterization of ceramic materials, composites, coatings and glasses.
2. Measurement of physical and mechanical properties of ceramic materials, composites, coatings and glasses.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 156|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Roman Čička, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak |
prof. Ing. Marian Kubliha, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
|Last modification:||15. 8. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Roman Čička, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Erika Kuracinová on 08/15/2019.