Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus 3_DZP_O - Thesis defence (FA - 2019/2020 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Architecture|
|Course unit code:||3_DZP_O|
|Course unit title:||Thesis defence|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||-- item not defined --|
|Prerequisites for registration:||passed Thesis project V (3_DZPT5_O)|
|Credits are awarded for the submission of dissertetion thesis and its successful defence.|
In the 3rd degree of study, all subjects are evaluated by "passed" / "not passed".
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The graduate is capable of independent scientific work, he/she can orient in issues linked with the dissertation topic, he/she can formulate a scientific problem, find the appropriate methods to resolve it, is able to confront the results of its own research with the current state of knowledge in the field, he/she knows the methods of scientific work in the field of architecture and restoration of monuments.
Disertation thesis is a final work in sense of the § 51 paragraph 3 of law. The scientific part of the PhD study is targeted to active individual or team research and scholarly activity.
Dissertation thesis and its possible orientation:
- reveal of new causal relations or connections that are considered as contribution to systematic positive knowledge of new facts and their synthesis
- theoretic discussion to a selected topic within the field
- an analysis of the selected topic, experimental verification of model solutions
- a scientific analysis, interpretation and context of the author's own outstanding architectural work
|The scientific part of the PhD study is targeted to active individual or team research and scholarly activity. Solution of a concrete scientific task which is the object of the dissertation thesis is part of it. The dissertation thesis is related to research that is carried out by the supervisor or the workplace. The scientific part of the doctoral study is done under the supervisor's tutorship. The research results are open to the public through regular publication and active participation on scientific events. All the activities that are done within the scientific part of the study aim at successful completion of the dissertation thesis.
Work plan for the dissertation thesis:
The time schedule is approved by the supervisor at the beginning of the study taking other parts of the study into consideration.
Dissertation thesis shall include the following:
1. Analysis of the current state of knowledge
2. Specification of the topic and targets of the dissertation thesis
3. Specification of the content and structure of the dissertation thesis
4. Accomplishing of the content and evaluation of the results
5. Discussion about the results linked with the urrent state of knowledge
7. Final emendation of the thesis and references
The dissertation thesis should not exceed the range of eight "author´s sheets" (ie. 160 standard pages, or 288 000 characters including spaces). Images, diagrams, tables, bibliography and other attachments are not included in this range.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Lecturers in this course are all supervisors in the relevant study program therefore are not specifically stated. Study program supervisor is responsible for the subject.|
|Assessed students in total: 3|
|Name of lecturer(s):|
|Last modification:||22. 8. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. arch. Pavel Gregor, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Róbert Tichý on 08/22/2019.