Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus AJD307_6D - English for PhD Students III (MTF - 2020/2021 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Course unit code:||AJD307_6D|
|Course unit title:|
English for PhD Students III
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
Industrial Management - doctoral (compulsory), 4. year
Personnel Policy in Industrial Plant - doctoral (compulsory), 4. year
|Level of study:|
Prerequisites for registration:
|passed English for PhD Students II (AJD207_6D)|
The PhD candidate will study specific language means and train specific speaking skills essential for the development of communication, cultural and social skills within the preparation of an international scientific event.
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
PhD candidates profile comprise their language competence. They are required to communicate professionally in their scientific field as well as appropriately communicate in General English as the PhD graduate will operate in a multicultural environment, cooperate with international research institutions and present own research results at domestic and international conferences.
1. Introduction to intercultural communication in English. Intercultural specifications.
2. Culture of working environment. Political correctness.
3. Professional ethics and (n)ethiquette in multicultural environment.
4. Essential office documentation - reports, minutes, invitations, memos.
5. Organization and chairing a formal meeting. Office agenda.
6. Negotiations. Small talk. Suggestions. Agreement/disagreement. Chairing a guided discussion.
7. Preparation of contributions (paper, poster, presentation) for an international event. Training the language of the scientific style.
8. Chairing a section at an international conference.
9. Case studies according to supervisors´ requirements.
10. Case studies according to supervisors´ requirements.
11. Preparation of a scientific event (seminar, workshop)- by students.
12. Simulation of a scientific event (seminar, workshop) - by students.
Recommended or required reading:
Language of instruction:
english or slovak
Assessed students in total: 17
|Name of lecturer(s):||Mgr. Gabriela Chmelíková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, person responsible for course) - slovak, english |
PhDr. Emília Mironovová (examiner, instructor)
|11. 9. 2019|
|Supervisor:||Mgr. Gabriela Chmelíková, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Erika Kuracinová on 09/11/2019.