Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus AJD207_6DE - English for PhD Students II (MTF - 2020/2021 - post-graduate studies)
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
|Course unit code:||AJD207_6DE|
Course unit title:
|English for PhD Students II|
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
-- item not defined --
Level of study:
Prerequisites for registration:
|Within the semester the PhD. candidates prepare the materials for their scientific papers - layout, annotation, abstract and elaborate the papers related to their disseration research. They also prepare presentation (in PowerPoint, pdf, Prezi), scientific poster related to the paper as well as an oral presentation to the outputs.|
each of the outputs (scientific poster, scientific paper and presentation) shall describe the PhD. cadidates´research (current one, or its par or an experiment), their PhD. research aim, methods, own contribution, innovations, original ideas or activities in the field or teaching process. The outputs shall present more but the compilation of elsewhere published materials.
The student is assessed according to the STU Code of Studies.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The PhD. candidate profile includes his/her laguage competence. S/he is required to communicate efficiently in his/her study programme as well as s/he is supposed to have general language knowledge as they will operate in a muticultural environment, cooperate with international research institutions and presnt own results at domestic and foreign conferences.|
|1. Introduction, revision.
2. Writing an scientific paper - basic information on academic/professional writing.
3. Writing an abstract, annotation, short paper (description of an experiment, project).
4. Using graphs, schemes, figures, abbreviation in the text.
5. Preparation of a scientific poster,
6. Presentation of a scientific poster.
7. Presentation (contents, format).
8. presentation techniques, language.
9. Partial ouputs and feedback.
10. Partial outputs and feedback.
11. Communication via e-media (telephoning, mails, Internet).
12. Communication in a multicultural environment.
13. Outputs. Evaluation.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:|
Assessed students in total: 0
|Name of lecturer(s):||Mgr. Gabriela Chmelíková, PhD. (person responsible for course) - english|
|Last modification:||11. 9. 2019|
Mgr. Gabriela Chmelíková, PhD. and programme supervisor
Last modification made by Ing. Erika Kuracinová on 09/11/2019.