Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-CM_C - Concrete Members (FCE - WS 2020/2021)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Course unit code:|
|Course unit title:|
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
Civil Engineering - bachelor (compulsory), 5. semester
Civil Engineering (in english language) - bachelor (compulsory), 5. semester
|Level of study:|
Prerequisites for registration:
|All tasks of the assessment corectly worked out.|
To earn at least 56 points at the examination.
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
|Student will get knowledge of the physical characteristics of concrete, masonry and concrete reinforcement. Receive basic information on concrete rheology, the conditions for the determination of the design model and the load of concrete members and structures. He will understand the design principles of concrete members by the limit states method. Gain detailed information about the design of reinforced concrete beam subjected to bending moment and shear force and columns exposed to a combination of normal force and bending moment. Take note of serviceability limit states and the Design of masonry members.|
• Strength and deformation characteristics of concrete, masonry and concrete reinforcement.
Conditions of interaction between concrete and reinforcement.
• Analysis of structures. Design model. Design process. Division of limit states. State I and
II. Distibution of the loads and its effects. Bending and axial stiffness of structural
• Actions on structures. Categories of design situations and actions. Combinations of action.
Distribution of loads on individual structural elements.
• Methods for design of concrete members. Ultimate limit states. Strain due to bending, shear
and torsion. Combination of bending moment and normal force.
• Serviceability limit states. Control of stresses, cracks and deformations. Design principles
of reinforced beams, slabs and columns.
• Strength and deformation properties of bricks and mortar. Strength of masonry.
Recommended or required reading:
|Language of instruction:||english or english and slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 41|
Name of lecturer(s):
|30. 3. 2020|
doc. Ing. Peter Paulík, PhD. and programme supervisor
Last modification made by Ing. Marián Dubík on 03/30/2020.