Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-IUOPR - Inverse problems and optimal control (FCE - WS 2020/2021)
|Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Course unit code:|
Course unit title:
|Inverse problems and optimal control|
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
Mathematical and Computational Modeling - master (compulsory), 3. semester
Level of study:
Prerequisites for registration:
To complete successfully a test during semester, to finish an assignment at the end of semester, exam.
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
Student will gain knowledge on methods of optimal control for dynamic processes in engineering applications including the solution of inverse problems using the methods of optimal control. Student will be able to solve simple problems in optimal control using software package Matlab.
- Tasks involving optimal control.
- Construction of variational equations.
- Formulation of optimal control problems. State, control and adjoint functions. Conditions in fixed or unspecified terminal time. Hamiltonian. Gradient method.
- Pontryagin's maximum principle.
- Solution of inverse problems using methods of optimal control.
Recommended or required reading:
Language of instruction:
|slovak or english|
Assessed students in total: 35
Name of lecturer(s):
30. 3. 2020
prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. and programme supervisor
Last modification made by Ing. Marián Dubík on 03/30/2020.