Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus BV1-MI - Municipal Engineering (FCE - WS 2020/2021)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Course unit code:||BV1-MI|
Course unit title:
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
-- item not defined --
Level of study:
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|The test must be taken and passed during one examination period, correctly worked exercises, getting at least 56 points on the exam.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
Basic knowledge of categories and technical infrastructure conveniences in cities and villages. Their connection to each other and their integration with general city plan, traffic plan regarding to requirements for constant sustainable development in order to responsible environment decision making. General technical requirements for the design, building and operation of public water systems, sewer systems, gas ducts and caliducts. Students obtain basic knowledge of drinking and usage water demands, disposal and water fluctuation. Moreover, students obtain design and hydraulic calculation basics of water systems.
- Technical infrastructure conveniences in cities and villages, field layout and placing methods, protection zone demands.
- General technical requirements for connecting, design, building and operation of public water systems. Quality and quantity requirements of the water source.
- Water treatment for drinking and usage purposes, practices, conditions and convenience for single method of water treatment. Health water protection. Operation and maintenance.
- Methods for the design of flow determination of municipal wastewater and stormwater from surface runoff, design and arbitration of sewer Profiles, sewer systems object dimension, sewer pipe material, and sewer system object constructions.
- Design of wastewater treatment plant -- the optimal technology scheme. Design and arbitration of objects used at wastewater treatment plants and sludge processing.
- General technical requirements for connecting, design, building and operation of sewer systems. Wastewater production and its pollution.
- General technical requirements for connecting, design, building and operation of gas ducts and caliducts. Heat source connection to the environment.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:|
slovak or english
Assessed students in total: 0
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Danka Barloková, PhD. (examiner, lecturer)|
Ing. Michal Holubec, PhD. (instructor)
Ing. Jaroslav Hrudka, PhD. (instructor)
Ing. Ivana Marko (instructor)
prof. Ing. Štefan Stanko, PhD. (examiner, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
Ing. Réka Wittmanová (instructor)
|30. 3. 2020|
|prof. Ing. Štefan Stanko, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Marián Dubík on 03/30/2020.