Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-MOKP - Boundary element method (FCE - WS 2020/2021)
|Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
Course unit code:
|Course unit title:||Boundary element method|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
Mathematical and Computational Modeling - master (compulsory), 3. semester
Level of study:
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
Correctly elaborated all given tasks.
56 points on exam achieved.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
Student will be familiar with theoretical basis of the boundary element method (BEM) for solving boundary value problems for partial differential equations and with numerical implementation of BEM, mainly for potential theory problems.
- Direct formulation of BEM for solving the Laplace equation (integral representation of potential and boundary integral equation).
- Discretization of boundary integrals by the collocation method (boundary discretization, polynomial interpolation on boundary elements, system of discretized boundary integral equations).
- Regularization approaches on singular elements.
- BEM for outer boundary value problems.
- Method of fundamental solutions and singular boundary element method for potential theory problems.
Recommended or required reading:
|Language of instruction:|
slovak or english
|Assessed students in total: 34|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Róbert Čunderlík, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english |
prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. (person responsible for course)
|30. 3. 2020|
|prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Marián Dubík on 03/30/2020.