Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-WTWS_C - Water Treatment and Water Supply (FCE - WS 2020/2021)
|Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:|
|Course unit title:||Water Treatment and Water Supply|
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
Civil Engineering - bachelor (compulsory), 5. semester
Civil Engineering (in english language) - bachelor (compulsory), 5. semester
Level of study:
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
During semester hand in assignments to obtain credit which is necessary to exam.Final grade is generating follow: 20% seminars, 80% exam.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student obtains knowledge about demand and consumption of drinking and service water – its fluctuation, about design of water supply systems and hydraulic calculation, obtain correct orientation in choice of material for water pipes, basic information about joints, armatures and objects on the water supply system - accumulation of drinking water, design and construction of water reservoirs, knowledge about water sources, their captation and protection. Student will be able to design water supply system – network system, water resource, water reservoir. Student acquire information about technology of water treatment for drinking and service water to be able to understand to different technologies and to design facilities for water treatment plants. There will be presented various methods of water treatment, disinfection of water and basic criteria for maintainance and operation of water supply systems.|
|• Demand and consumption of water
• Water supply systems – design and calculation of water supply network, analysis of water flow
• Pipelines – basic technical requests, materials
• Armatures and objects – chambers,
• Accumulation of water – design of water reservoirs, construction and construction details,
• Water sources – searching and evaulation, pumping tests, structures for captation of ground water and structures for intake of surface water, protection of water sources
• Water treatment for drinking and service purposes, basic technologies of water treatment, requirements and equipments for different nethods of water treatment.
• Maintainance and operation of water supply network.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||english or english and slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 55|
|Name of lecturer(s):|
prof. Ing. Danka Barloková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
30. 3. 2020
prof. Ing. Danka Barloková, PhD. and programme supervisor
Last modification made by Ing. Marián Dubík on 03/30/2020.